Write your own review and email it to: moreformomblog@gmail.com


July 12, 2011

"Nursing" a sore back


When you first start nursing you might notice that it's not just your breasts that are sore--but your back can get very sore too! It's important to think about yourself when you are breastfeeding and make sure that you are comfortable.

It's not really where you're sitting, it's how you're breastfeeding. The best advice that I have received is that you have to make sure that you're bringing the baby to the breast, not the breast to the baby. What that means, is that you have to hold the baby up high enough that they can latch on without Mommy having to hunch over and put strain on her back. That's where a good breastfeeding pillow, or just lots of pillows under baby and/or under the supporting arms elbow helps.

A firm nursing pillow usually works best as my friend Jen has told me--MY BREST FRIEND nursing pillow is a lot better than the flimsy ones and totally worth the extra $$.

I have found that every seat is different and sometimes a pillow from my bed will get me to right height and other times I need my nursing pillow and then some additional angling and cushioning.

Remember that as your baby grows and gets stronger, the angle and the needs will change all over again.

Best advice is to be flexible with your positioning and respond to your little one but make sure that you don't lean in too much in order to save your back. And of course, take the time to place a glass of water beside you, in reaching distance.

Good luck and take care of yourself!

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any problems with hackers?

    My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing several weeks of hard work due to
    no back up. Do you have any methods to protect against hackers?



    Here is my web page: african mango australia

    ReplyDelete