Write your own review and email it to: moreformomblog@gmail.com


July 7, 2011

Breastpump Problem FIXED!!!


With my first baby, I used the Medela SWING. I took it out a year after I stored it away in a box to use with baby #2 and it was not working. Desperate to get my milk flow going, I rented a pump.
Over the last week or so I have been debating whether to buy a new pump (so expensive) and I didn't know what to do! I was so mad that my pump wasn't working since it was around the $200 mark when I bought it.
The pump I rented was working really well but I wasn't going to keep renting one--that is throwing money away when I know that I will need it for many months to come.

So I researched on the internet and some posts from other moms recommended changing the valves and membranes every 3 months or so. "valves and membranes???" I thought to myself since I had never changed anything with my pump. I just washed the pieces and used them, that's it.

So I changed the membranes and valves and my pump is working really again. It's a cheap fix and now everything is in working order.

So moms out there who are pumping--change your valves and membranes every few months and I hope that your pump will have a long life!

2 comments:

  1. How did moms survive before the internet?? :)
    Glad your pump is working again.

    ReplyDelete