Write your own review and email it to: moreformomblog@gmail.com


February 26, 2011

Book Review: It Takes Two to Talk


Title: It takes two to talk
Author: Jan Pepper and Elaine Weitzman

I have been reading a lot of language books lately as my son is taking his time on the whole talking thing.

This book was by far the best one I have read so far. It's really a practical guide that provides activities and examples for everything. A lot of the other language books I have read are very "theory-heavy" when really most parents just want tips on how to encourage their child to go to the next stage. For instance, my son says words, but he isn't combining words yet. This book has some great ideas on how to take him to the next level.

The book looks at each stage of development without ever focusing on "age" or any specific timeline.

The subtitle to this book is: "a practical guide for parents of children with language delays" but really, this is a great book for any parent.

I heard about this book when I was taking a class at Becoming Maternity Centre and it was a great recommendation.

No comments:

Post a Comment