Write your own review and email it to: moreformomblog@gmail.com


August 30, 2010

Cooperative Daycare

I have been asked by many people whether a cooperative daycare is the way to go. Here are my thoughts:

My husband and I loved the idea of a cooperative daycare. It's nice to think that parents contribute to the child care experience but...we found it attractive to have the fees lowered because we contribute to the running of the daycare. My husband does one hour of service a week (currently he helps with cleaning) and I have been sewing for the daycare. Other people serve on the board and others teach the kids different things like arts and crafts.

Our cooperative daycare definitely fosters a feeling of community but it is time-consuming. So... is it worth it? My feeling about daycare is that you really should go with the facility that makes you the most comfortable--whether it's a cooperative or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment