Write your own review and email it to: moreformomblog@gmail.com


May 30, 2010

Sweet Teething Treat


It's really hot out. I love the heat but everyone is uncomfortable in this weather...and did I mention my little guy is teething???

I have however found a treat that is getting him and I through this uncomfortable time. Frozen fruit. When he was teething when he was younger I would used a safe-feeder (one of those net things) and filled it with frozen berries and he loved it. (Highly recommend it!) Now that he is older and has a bunch of teeth already I simply cut up the fruit, freeze the pieces and take them out for both of us to snack on.

He seems to love the cold fruit on his teeth (and he is eating fruit--bonus!) and I love the satisfying crunch I get from the frozen treat. It's just fruit--no added sugar. So it's low-cal and healthy for me and cold and soothing for my little guy--it's a win-win!

I leave the skin on all of these except for the mangos. I cut them up into appropriate sizes before I freeze them and leave some larger sizes for my snack too. So far, here are my favourites:
PEACHES
GRAPES (SEEDLESS)
MANGOS
BLUEBERRIES (MESSY SO SAVE THESE FOR THE SUPER HOT DAYS WHEN THE BABIES ARE ONLY IN DIAPERS AND NOT IN SOME NICE WHITE SUMMER OUTFIT)
RASPBERRIES (AGAIN--MESSY)

I hope that you and your little one can enjoy these treats! And really--why bother having them only when they are teething? This is a great treat for a child of any age! In the summer with such beautiful produce it's a perfect snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment